Longboat Key is the prized gem of the Sarasota/Manatee area – a truly premier resort community.
Whether you want to experience luxury resort life at the Longboat Key Club & Resort, or a more laid back, casual neighborhood lifestyle in the historic Longbeach Village… Longboat Key has that and everything in between.
As a full-time resident for 18 years, I’ve come to love everything about this premier island. Gorgeous, well maintained beaches, our award winning parks, exceptional dining, vacation resorts, and amazing homes.
There is so much to DO on Longboat Key, every interest is met and exceeded.
- World class dining at Euphemia Haye, Harry’s Continental Kitchens, The Lazy Lobster, Amore by Andrea, Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub, Dry Dock Waterfront Grill, Chart House, Ciao, The Bayou, Blue Dolphin, and many more
- The Longboat Key Public Tennis Center hosts many USTA Leagues and tournaments, lessons, and exceptional staff. No matter your skill level, you’ll thoroughly enjoy tennis at this facility.
- Awarded Golf Digest’s prestigious “Best Places to Play” – challenge yourself on 45 holes ofgolf at the Longboat KeyClub
- Enjoy watersports of every description on our beaches or Sarasota Bay
- The in-progress redevelopment of Bayfront Park will provide paddleboard docks, launch, and storage, fishing piers, childrens’ playground, a dog park, tennis, pickleball, and basketball courts, and walking trails, and full beach-to-bay access.
- Joan M Durante Park’s 32 acres of restored wetlands has walking trail, fishing and observation piers
- Quick Point Nature Preserve on the Southeast end of the Key has a variety of mangroves, observation decks providing stunning views of Sarasota Bay
- Get involved in the community through the Longboat Key Garden Club, Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key, Rotary Club of Longboat Key. All are veryactive, and host several community events each year.
You’ll never want to leave this vibrant island – and you won’t need to! All community shopping needs are met – A beautiful newly renovated Public Shopping Center has much of the basics covered, the Center Shoppes hosts restaurants, shops, UPS store, as well as a medical center and fitness center, and the Whitney Beach Shopping Center has even more!
Once you’ve experienced life on Longboat Key, you’ll never dream of living anywhere else!
Please contact me on my cell phone at 941.350.9390 or text or email so we can arrange to meet, have a coffee or two to discuss all your options on fabulous Longboat Key.
***This introduction to Longboat Key Florida was written by Susan Phillips an 18 year permanent resident and 17 year Assistant to several Longboat Key Town Managers. In addition, Susan serves the community in the following ways: President of the Longboat Key Garden Club and Scholarship Committee Chair, President Elect of Kiwanis Club of Longboat Key and Scholarship Committee Chair***